AERODYNAMIC OF SIX PASSENGER VEHICLES OBTAINED FROM FULL SCALE WIND TUNNEL TESTS
This paper presents the results of aerodynamic measurements made on six full scale vehicles in a large cross section wind tunnel. The vehicles included a sports car, subcompact sedan, intermediate-sized sedan, two vans, and a full-sized station wagon. Criteria for the selection of the wind tunnel facility is described. Aerodynamic data is then presented as non-dimensional lateral and longitudinal coefficients for yaw angles bewteen plus 40 to minus 180 deg. Results are compared to previous model and full scale tests.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- HOGUE, J R
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Compact automobiles; Performance tests; Vans; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicle performance; Wind tunnels; Yaw
- Old TRIS Terms: Small car
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315424
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800142
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM