JOINT DEVELOPMENT MARKETPLACE
On June 25, 26, and 27, 1978, more than 600 persons met in Washington, D.C. to learn about and discuss emerging joint public-private development opportunities throughout the United States. One hundred forty-six private companies and firms were represented. Seventy-eight cities and urban counties sent their mayors or other senior officials. Thirty-six of these cities and counties exhibited plans for more than 100 joint development projects, and their representatives were available--in formal site marketing sessions and informally--to answer questions about them. Top Federal officials, including Secretary of Transportation Brock Adams and Assistant to the President Jack Watson, emphasized the opportunity for a creative partnership among all levels of government and the private sector in the revitalization of our cities. Nationally recognized leaders in the fields of urban planning and economic development, development, urban transportation, land development, and real estate investment discussed joint development from their particular perspectives and took part in a series of workshops relating to public-private negotiations and the planning of joint development projects. The JOINT DEVELOPMENT MARKETPLACE--as the title indicates--was designed to be a marketplace for projects ready for development and a marketplace for ideas. In this respect it differed from the traditional Federally sponsored activity, at the conclusion of which is brought forth a transcript of the proceedings and a series of recommendations. The value of the JOINT DEVELOPMENT MARKETPLACE was in being there, seeing what others had to offer, exchanging experiences, and making contacts.
- Proceeding from the Joint Development Marketplace, held at the Shoreham Americana Hotel, Washington, D.C., June 25-27, 1978.
Public Technology, Incorporated1140 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 217 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Development; Economic development; Marketing; Private enterprise; Public administration; Real estate development; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning; Urban development; Urban transportation; Workshops
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00315403
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM