OPTIMUM RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN WHEELBASE AND LENGTH OF TWO- AXLED GOODS WAGONS EQUIPPED WITH AUTOMATIC TRACTION AND SHOCK COUPLER. RUNNING TESTS ON SNCF AND DB TRACK
This report (RP 2) concerns additional running tests with two-axled goods wagons of the DB, SNCF and OBB, of which the wheel-base and the running gear were varied, the other dimensions being kept constant.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1968-10
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Derailments; Freight cars; Length; Prevention; Stability (Mechanics); Suspensions; Tests; Two axle cars; Vehicle design; Wheel base
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Osterreichische Bundesbahnen; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic coupling; Freight car design; Freight car length; Question b93; Running stability
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00052928
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B93/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM