DELAWARE RIVER PORT AUTHORITY TRANSITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. VOLUME II: ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL PLANNING. TECHNICAL STUDY
The Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) has been engaged, since June 1970, in progressing a comprehensive Mass Transit Study which was directed toward developing specific recommendations regarding the DRPA Mass Transportation Development Program. This three-volume study contains the eleven regional transportation-related technical studies conducted by the DRPA and sponsored by UMTA in coordination with the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission. Volume II, this report, contains the following project/final reports: 1) Environmental Impact Analysis (II); 2) Improvements for Better Serving the Elderly and Handicapped (IX); and 3) Environmental Improvements to the Existing PATCO System (X). This report contains information regarding the projects evaluated environmentally, namely, the Philadelphia-Mt. Laurel Line, and the Philadelphia-Glassboro Line. The report examines methods of serving the elderly and handicapped and high speed rail transportation facilities operated by PATCO (Port Authority Transit Corporation); SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority); METRO (Washington Metropolitan Area Transity Authority); and MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority). The report also reviews the need and recommends methods for providing environmental improvements to the existing PATCO system, such as noise abatement; station modification; user information services; landscaping for aesthetic improvements; and modifications to existing parking facilities.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-186174. Report available in microfiche only.
Delaware River Port Authority,
Delaware Valley Regional Planning CommissionBourse Building, 21 South 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA USA 19106
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 260 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Coordination; Environmental impacts; General surface features of the earth; Improvements; Noise control; Parking facilities; Physically handicapped persons; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Port Authority Trans-Hudson Corporation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Landscape
- Geographic Terms: New Jersey; Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00315159
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0032-80-2
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1982 12:00AM