DELAWARE RIVER PORT AUTHORITY TRANSIT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. VOLUME I: PLANNING FOR PATCO EXTENSION AND IMPROVEMENT. TECHNICAL STUDY
The Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) has been engaged, since June 1970 in progressing a comprehensive Mass Transit Study which was directed toward developing specific recommendations regarding the DRPA Mass Transportation Development Program. This three-volume study contains the eleven regional transportation-related technical studies conducted by the DRPA, and sponsored by UMTA in coordination with the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission. Volume I, this report, contains the following project/final reports: 1) continuation of DRPA Transit Planning Program (I); 2) Justification of PATCO Extensions and Improvements (V); 3) Master Plan of Public Transportation Improvements for the DRPA Area of Responsibility (VI); 4) Relocation Program (VII); and 5) Advanced Land Acquisition Program (VIII). This report describes the work done to develop the governing criteria and basic design for continuation of public transportation planning activities by DRPA. It also analyzes the Consultants Rail Expansion Program in terms of regional implementation; least cost versus acceptable levels of service; support of land-use objectives and policies; and beneficial effects on social problems of mobility, poverty, and segregation. The Consultants' program recommended a total program of 32 miles of additions to the existing rapid transit system: a 14-mile extension from Broadway Station in Camden to the Interstate Route 295-New Jersey Route 38 Interchange in Mt. Laurel Township, and an 18-mile extension from Division Street in Camden to Glassboro.
- See also Volume 2, PB80-186182. Report available in microfiche only.
Delaware River Port Authority,
Delaware Valley Regional Planning CommissionBourse Building, 21 South 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA USA 19106
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 196 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Costs; Improvements; Land use; Land use planning; Mobility; Needs assessment; Property acquisition; Public transit; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Port Authority Trans-Hudson Corporation
- Uncontrolled Terms: User needs
- Geographic Terms: New Jersey; Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315158
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-08-0032-80-1
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM