BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES. BRAKING AND STARTING TESTS ON THREE UNBALLASTED STEEL BRIDGES OF ABOUT 15, 30 AND 60 METRE SPAN
Results from tests of three unballasted steel bridges are given and compared. The distribution of braking and starting forces through bearings and rails is revealed and the effects of span length and arrangement of track connections.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking performance; Bridges; Coefficient of friction; Locomotives; Measuring instruments; Metal bridges; Steel bridges; Test trains; Tests
- Identifier Terms: Ceske drahy; Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballastless bridges; Braking forces; Question d101; Starting forces
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052911
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D101/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM