VEHICLE TESTING OF NEAR-TERM BATTERIES
A series of vehicle tests of Near-term nickel-iron, nickel-zinc, and lead-acid batteries were conducted. The tests, which consisted of constant speed and SAE J227a driving cycles demonstrated significant range improvement relative to current lead-acid batteries, but identified development deficiencies in the Near-Term Batteries. Deficiencies in the state-of-the-art vehicles used for the tests were also identified during the course of testing.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Conover, R C
- Hardy, K S
- Sandberg, J J
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric batteries; Fuels; State of the art studies
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315116
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800201
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM