USE OF HIGH STRAIN DYNAMIC VISCOEL ASTOMETER IN THE ANALYSIS OF TIRE ROLLING
Experimental measurement of rolling resistance of a tire requires the costly procedure of building the tire and testing it on a wheel testing machine. Therefore, in the development stage, it is desirable to have a simpler procedure for relative comparison of the rolling resistance as the function of the design variables. In this article, use of a high strain dynamic viscoelastometer for this purpose is described.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- KWON, Y D
- Prevorsek, D C
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Performance tests; Rolling; Tires; Viscoelasticity
- Old TRIS Terms: Resistance
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315114
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800242
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM