THROTTLE BODY FUEL INJECTION (TBI)-AN INTEGRATED ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM
Presented is a technical description of the significant features of the General Motors developed Throttle Body Fuel Injection System in production on the 1980 Cadillac Eldorado and Seville passenger cars. TBI fuel system discussion is divided into the 69 kPa (10psi) fuel system, injector performance, fuel pump, sensors, electronic control module and system fuel control philosophy based upon speed density. Since achievement of low operating pressure for the fuel injection system is a significant technical accomplishment, the TBI fuel system design to accommodate hot fuel conditions will be reviewed.
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)400 Commonwealth Drive
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Bowler, L L
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Electronic control; Fuel injection; Performance; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315112
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800164
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM