BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES. FORCE MEASURING CELLS
This report describes development of load cells for measuring reactions between superstructure and abutments or piers. Small scale models were tested to verify principles. To limit the necessary lift of bridge superstructures, proportions of practical units were restricted. The consequences lead to adoption of certain strain gauge configurations giving satisfactory calibration.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Abutments; Acceleration (Mechanics); Braking; Bridges; Instrumentation; Measuring instruments; Piers (Supports); Piers (Wharves); Strain gages; Stresses; Tests; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Question d101
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D101/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM