NOISE FROM VIBRATION
The general problem of estimating the noise which vibrating surfaces will produce is discussed with particular application to diesel engines and their component parts. The measurement and prediction of engine noise balances using the surface vibration technique is described and the variation of engine block vibration with engine type and speed illustrated. Some measured radiation ratio's for engine surfaces and components are given. Finally a method for measuring surface vibration on diesel engines using a laser doppler velocimeter is described.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Anderton, D
- Halliwell, N A
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Doppler navigation; Engines; Lasers; Measuring instruments; Noise; Noise barriers; Vehicle power plants; Velocity measurement; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Doppler system; Engine noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315103
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800407
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM