IMPACT OF COMPUTER DEVELOPMENTS ON ENGINEERING APPLICATIONS--PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
Computer applications are being implemented in the automotive industry over a wide spectrum to help develop a new generation of vehicles. These include weight reduction and resizing, friction reduction in the moving parts of the engine and power train, material selection, design assurance, and product safety and reliability. In this paper, we cite those areas where computer developments have been and will continue to be essential tools for important advances in vehicle design.
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)400 Commonwealth Drive
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- KAMAL, M M
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Automotive engineering; Computer aided design; Impacts; Information processing; Reliability; Vehicle design; Vehicle safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315097
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800011
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM