THE DRIVE SYSTEM OF THE DOE NEAR-TERM ELECTRIC VEHICLE (ETV-1)
This paper describes the dc, separately excited, motor drive system of the DOE-General Electric-Chrysler Electric Test Vehicle (ETV-1) recently developed under U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) sponsorship. Engineering details of all the major drive system components, including the motor armature, field controllers, and the microprocessor-based propulsion controller, are given with appropriate design and test results.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Wilson, JWA
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Electric vehicles; Microprocessors; Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315091
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800058
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM