COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN AND LOAD ANALYSIS OF A CYLINDER HEAD GASKET
Each section of the paper describes different conditions to which the gasket is subjected, and presents an analysis of the effects of these conditions on the gasket. The paper shows ways to obtain solutions for an optimum design of the gasket and the overall system. The final results are in the form of a computer printout representing three stages of gasket load distribution: Installation, after relaxation, and power cycle.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Tensor, P M
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Cylinder heads; Gaskets; Load transfer; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315089
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800071
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM