BRAZILIAN EXPERIENCE WITH SELF-ADJUSTING FUEL SYSTEM FOR VARIABLE ALCOHOL-GASOLINE BLENDS
A fuel control system has been developed which allows fuels of various stoichiometries to be used interchangably, without suffering a fuel consumption penalty, allowing a more efficient use of the combustion energy. This Adaptive Lean Limit Control system uses a single, digital sensor and an electronic circuit to detect lean limit engine operation, and feeds back information to the fuel system to maintain the best economy mixture, regardless of the fuel blend being used. This paper will describe the hardware, and include the results of extensive vehicle testing, using 20 percent and 50 percent ethanol-gasoline blends.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Leshner, M D
- Luengo, C A
- Calandra, F
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Blends; Economic efficiency; Ethanol; Fuel consumption; Fuel systems; Gasohol; Gasoline
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315087
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800265
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM