REQUIREMENTS FOR INFORMATION/EDUCATION PROGRAMS ON HYPOTHERMIA
This report describes requirements for three information/education programs aimed at recreational boaters, commercial seamen (merchant mariners and commercial fishermen) and Coast Guard personnel. The requirements specify program content and recommend modes of delivery for programs intended to reduce the occurrence of hypothermia-related fatalities by improving: 1) hazard recognition; 2) knowledge of self-aid techniques; 3) knowledge of first-aid procedures, and 4) knowledge of self-aid methods. Modular programs are defined which offer flexibility for implementation consistent with budgetary considerations.
Clemson UniversitySystems Engineering Program
Clemson, SC United States 29631
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Pridgen, M C
- Harnett, R M
- Publication Date: 1979-10-23
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Cold weather; Crash exposure; Education; First aid; Hypothermia; Lifesaving; Marine safety; Rescue equipment; Survival; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Boating safety; Exposure (Human)
- Old TRIS Terms: Casualty data; Education programs
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00314963
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-13-80 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-72074-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1980 12:00AM