STUDY OF RAIL FAILURES IN THE TRACK. GUARANTEE OF RAILS ACCORDING TO TONNAGE CARRIED
At the request of the 7th Commission of the UIC the D 88 Committee of Experts has been charged with studying the possibility of defining a guarantee clause based on the tonnage carried by the rails removed prematurely, which would substitute the present clause on time. Five Administrations which have delegated experts to the D 88 Committee have supplied the information used in this study. The Committee have examined respectively the advantages and disadvantages of a guarantee based on time or on tonnage carried; they consider that because of the variations between different Administrations it is not possible immediately to abandon the present clause based on time. It would, however, not seem impossible to envisage a selective guarantee based upon a clause of time varying with the classification of line.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Defects; Fatigue (Mechanics); Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Steel plants; Stresses; Structural tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Fatigue flaws; Question b88; Rail cracks; Rail flaws; Rail metallurgy; Rail stress; Rail technology; Rail tests
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052896
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D88/RP 3/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM