This report summarizes a meeting held in St. Vincent, Italy (August 1976) in which 65 specialists from 14 countries discussed and presented papers on "Relationships among Theory, Physiological Correlates, and Operational Performance." Problem areas considered included vigilance decrement encountered during the operation of ground and airborne vehicles, sonar and radar systems, industrial equipment, and a variaty of other situations. Comparisons were drawn between the findings of laboratory and field experiments particularly as the emphasis has shifted during the past few years to field studies.
- Summary Report of the Symposium.
Office of Naval Research London (England),
- MACKIE, R R
- Nagay, J A
- Publication Date: 1976-10-6
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Fatigue (Physiological condition); Personnel; Personnel performance; Sleep; Tolerance (Physiology)
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Human performance; Operating personnel; Tolerance (Physiological)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00314940
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ONRL-C-35-76 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1980 12:00AM