STUDY OF A LIGHTER BRAKE SLIPPER. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE OF A LIGHTER BRAKE SLIPPER
The results of extensive tests indicate that at the moment the only material which can be considered for the manufacture of a lighter brake slipper is steel. A prototype is presented and is referred to as the ORE brake slipper. It is shown that, compared with the current weights of brake slippers, a reduction of about 25% can be obtained. This report provides the Administrations with the possibility of selecting the most suitable design characteristics.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification yards; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d91; Track skates
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00052895
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D91/RP 2/E Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM