SIGNALLING AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS STUDIES AT THE OFFICE FOR RESEARCH AND EXPERIMENTS (ORE)
While international standards are essential in areas such as rolling stock, track, electrification, etc., signalling and some telecommunications matters are more strongly associated with national rather than international requirements. There are, however, a number of topics of common interest where joint research and development and the exchange of ideas and experiences are of considerable value. This paper will examine some of the recent work of ORE in the fields of railway signalling and telecommunications, a review which can only be superficial as each of the topics could well merit a full paper.
- Paper presented to the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers, February 15th, 1980.
Institution of Railway Signal EngineersLondon, England
- Gelbstein, E
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Railroads; Research; Signaling; Standardization; Telecommunications
- Identifier Terms: International Union of Railways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00314887
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM