Driving Change: Technology and the future of the automated vehicle
At the request of the Minister of Transport, the Standing Senate Committee on Transport and Communications undertook this study, “Driving Change: Technology and the Future of the Automated Vehicle”, on the regulatory and technical issues related to the deployment of automated (i.e. driverless) and connected vehicles. The Committee heard from over 78 witnesses from across Canada and the United States, received a number of written submissions from various sectors involved, and participated in many impressive demonstrations of this quickly developing technology. The Committee is making 16 recommendations to the federal government, recommendations we believe will help build a coordinated national strategy on automated and connected vehicles.
- Record URL:
Senate Standing Committee on Transport and Communications,
Canada. Senate of Canada,
- Publication Date: 2018
- Media Type: Web
- Pagination: 1 PDF file, 14.3 MB, 78p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Federal government; Legislation; Planning; Policy; Technology
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 1244: Autonomous vehicle; 183: Government (national); 1556: Legislation; 143: Planning; 173: Policy; 3855: Technology
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Policy; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 01668492
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: ITRD, TAC
- Created Date: May 3 2018 3:17PM