INVESTIGATION OF BRIDGE DECKS WITH CONCRETE ENCASED GIRDERS. STATIC TESTS ON EXPERIMENTAL DECK NO. 6
The sixth experimental model deck differed from its forerunners as it consisted of five beams clamped by transverse pre-stressing. Steel was concentrated in the lowest position as in the fifth model. Frictional bonding and load distribution was studied with varying numbers of pre-stressing rods and various load positions, before testing to failure. Results are given corresponding with deflection limits and permissible steel stress.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Bridge design; Bridges; Girder bridges; Metal bridges; Steel bridges; Strain gages; Stresses; Structural design; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Question d123
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D123/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM