INVESTIGATION OF BRIDGE DECKS WITH CONCRETE ENCASED GIRDERS. STATIC TESTS ON EXPERIMENTAL BRIDGE DECK NO. 1
Tests are described on a small joist in concrete slab containing encased girders, representing, to reduced size, a type commonly used in bridges, and complying with the UIC recommendations. The test arrangements, applicable to slabs of varying design, are described in detail. The report contains a study of the permissible loads and the safety coefficients, both from the points of view of stiffness and the permissible stresses. It also includes suggestions for improving the loading capacity.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bridge decks; Bridge engineering; Bridges; Concrete bridges; Girder bridges; Metal bridges; Steel bridges; Stresses; Structural tests; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d123
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052884
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D127/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM