STATISTICAL DISTRIBUTION OF AXLE-LOADS AND STRESSES IN RAILWAY BRIDGES. THE INFLUENCE OF HIGH SPEED TRAINS ON STRESSES IN RAILWAY BRIDGES
This report presents a summary of measurements, made by different Administrations, of the dynamic coefficients of bridge components, over which test trains were run at high speed (v up to 250 km/h). The dynamic coefficients determined from these test results are compared with dynamic coefficients calculated from different mathematical models and the dynamic coefficients suggested by UIC. The conclusions give an evaluation of the different theoretical dynamic coefficient calculation methods.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Bridge design; Bridges; Dynamic tests; High speed rail; Mathematical models; Stresses; Structural design; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d128
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052883
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D128/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM