Fuels & oils
Renewable methanol fuel hindered by pricing : lower investment and space requirements than LNG make methanol attractive, but the cost of bio-methanol is a barrier, according to a new Dutch study into the environmentally friendly fuel -- Sulphur cap guidance to speed through IMO -- Scrubbers vs black carbon : more research needed : as Arctic campaigners urge the industry not to rely on scrubbers to tackle black carbon emissions, an update to an influential report has concluded that more research is needed on their efficacy --Total Lubmarine introduces new green lubricant -- Preparing for more cylinder oil uncertainties : the technical, commercial and regulatory variables in play when considering a ship owner's cylinder oil supply continue to rise. Shell Marine global technical manager Dr Sara Lawrence offers a perspective for 2018.
- Title from head of page 33.
- Publication Date: 2018-3
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: pages 33-37
- TRT Terms: Engines; Fuels; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Ships
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01668114
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: May 1 2018 4:40PM