TRACKS WITHOUT BALLAST FOR UNDERGROUND LINES IN URBAN CENTRES. ENQUIRY REPORT
Question D 87 "Tracks without ballast for underground lines in urban centres" was added to the Programme of Work of ORE in October 1963, during the 47th meeting of the Control Committee. A Specialists Committee was set up in October 1964 and the Programme of Work was approved in October 1965 by the Control Committee. On 8th June 1965, a questionnaire was sent to 18 Member-Administrations of ORE. The present Enquiry Report is based on the replies received from these Administrations; also it contains information received by the ORE from the "Teito Rapid Transit Authority". Six Administrations have already constructed tracks without ballast. In particular some have been occupied with: studies concerning the elasticity of the track, measurements of vibrations of tunnel invert and vault and in surrounding ground, noise measurements in tunnel and vehicles, tests to reduce the noise level by sound-absorbing lateral screens. Despite the importance of these studies, the data thus obtained in rather incomplete and lacking in uniformity (methods applied and conditions under which the measurements were made, results obtained). Therefore, in the present report, the Specialists Committee D 87 proposes to the Members of the Control Committee that the study of tracks without ballast should be pursued as follows: 1) unification of methods, measuring conditions and also the methods of interpretation, and 2) comparative tests in the laboratory and in the track on 5 types of direct track fixing systems.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Ballastless track; Concrete slab track; Noise control; Questionnaires; Rail fasteners; Sound level; Unconventional track; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Noise attenuation; Question d87
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052879
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D87/RP 1/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM