MANAGEMENT OF OWNER-OPERATOR FLEETS
This book, a companion to an earlier volume on owner-operators, examines, from the perspective of management, that group of motor carriers that choose to use owner-operators rather than operate company equipment. It seeks to ascertain the reasons motor carriers use owner-operators and the advantages and disadvantages of this choice, as well as the key decisions that must be made in order to insure successful management of owner-operator fleets. It also explores the possibility of the experience of other industries that have similar or analogous methods of operation being applicable to motor cariers.
Heath (DC) and CompanyLexington Books, 125 Spring Street
Lexington, MA USA 02173
- MAISTER, D H
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 230 p.
- TRT Terms: Contractors; Freight transportation; Management; Motor carriers; Owner operators; Trucks; Utilization
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00314613
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM