TRANSPORTATION, TECHNOLOGY, AND SOCIETY: FUTURE OPTIONS
This book contains the proceedings of a conference on the future of the American transportation system. The paper presented concern further trends in the nation's transportation system, possible changes in the system and the technological means needed to effect those changes. The authors are representatives of government and industry, as well as academic. The papers are grouped under several headings: Technology and Society, The Automobile and the Future of Society, Urban Transit and Future Planning, The Future Expansion of Freight Movement and Future Technology in Air Transportation.
Clark University PressClark University
Worcester, MA United States
- Karaska, G J
- Gertler, J B
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Automobiles; Conferences; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Social values; Technology; Transportation; Trend (Statistics); Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00314612
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM