BENDING TESTS OF STRUCTURES CONSISTING OF TWO BEAMS WELDED AT RIGHT ANGLES
This report summarises conclusions from previous static and fatigue tests on welded connections, and describes further such tests on connections modified in attempts to mitigate the weaknesses of the original two types, both by thickening the material and by stress relieving notches. Photo-elastic tests contributed to the latter study. Appendices give laboratory reports and notes on statistics.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridge design; Bridges; Fatigue tests; Stress relieving; Stresses; Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural engineering; Tests; Welding; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d86; Welded steel beams; Welding stresses
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052878
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D86/RP 3/E Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM