BENDING TESTS OF STUCTURES CONSISTING OF TWO BEAMS WELDED AT RIGHT-ANGLES. STATIC TESTS
This report gives the results of static load tests on 2 types of connections between beams meeting at right-angles, one a sharp right-angled connection, Type A, and the other with rounded corners, Type B. The results of the tests are summarised in Table 2, page 10 and commented on in the specimens and the material from which they are made. Appendix 2 is the report of the laboratory, which gives details of the tests and the results obtained.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1968-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridge design; Bridges; Fatigue tests; Stress relieving; Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural engineering; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d86; Welded steel beams
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052877
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D86/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM