DUAL MODE PLANNING CASE STUDY - MILWAUKEE. VOLUME 3: TRANSIT SKETCH PLANNING MANUAL
This study analyzes the operation, economics, and impacts of dual mode transit systems in an urban case study setting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A dual mode transit system is one which utilizes vehicles capable of driverless (automated) operation on a reserved guideway and manual operation over streets and highways. Therefore, this system is theoretically capable of providing no-transfer service to transit patrons. This volume, Volume 3, describes the quasi-manual model used in the study, which can be used as a sketch planning model in other applications. A primarily manual sketch planning model for transit systems is developed, using only two computer steps (UTPS program UMODEL and UROAD) in a very simple application. Capabilities to quickly model a wide range of transit technologies and operating policies are built into the model. Default cost, environmental, and demand parameters are included.
- Prepared in cooperation with Barton-Aschman Associates, Evanston, IL. See also Volume 2, PB80-189996.
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Planning Methods and Support, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- KOCUR, G
- Ruiter, E
- Stuart, D
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated vehicle control; Case studies; Computer programming; Computer programs; Costs; Dual mode transportation systems; Economic analysis; Guideways; Highways; Management; Manuals; Mathematical models; Network analysis (Planning); Planning; Streets; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Transportation management; Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: Wisconsin
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated transit system; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00314461
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0056-80-3Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-40018
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM