DUAL MODE PLANNING CASE STUDY - MILWAUKEE. VOLUME 3: TRANSIT SKETCH PLANNING MANUAL
This study analyzes the operation, economics, and impacts of dual mode transit systems in an urban case study setting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A dual mode transit system is one which utilizes vehicles capable of driverless (automated) operation on a reserved guideway and manual operation over streets and highways. Therefore, this system is theoretically capable of providing no-transfer service to transit patrons. This volume, Volume 3, describes the quasi-manual model used in the study, which can be used as a sketch planning model in other applications. A primarily manual sketch planning model for transit systems is developed, using only two computer steps (UTPS program UMODEL and UROAD) in a very simple application. Capabilities to quickly model a wide range of transit technologies and operating policies are built into the model. Default cost, environmental, and demand parameters are included.
- Prepared in cooperation with Barton-Aschman Associates, Evanston, IL. See also Volume 2, PB80-189996.
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Planning Methods and Support, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- KOCUR, G
- Ruiter, E
- Stuart, D
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated vehicle control; Case studies; Computer programming; Computer programs; Costs; Dual mode transportation systems; Economic analysis; Guideways; Highways; Management; Manuals; Mathematical models; Network analysis (Planning); Planning; Streets; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Transportation management; Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: Wisconsin
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated transit system; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00314461
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0056-80-3Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-40018
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM