STRESSES IN THE RAILS, THE BALLAST AND IN THE FORMATION RESULTING FROM TRAFFIC LOADS. STRESSES IN THE FORMATION (RESULTS OF THE SECOND PHASE: INFLUENCE OF SLEEPER PARAMETERS AND THICKNESS OF CONSTRUCTION
The Objectives of Phase II of the program were to examine the influence of the following parameters on the longitudinal and lateral stress distribution between the subgrade and track structure under quasi static loading: 1) Ballast and Subgrade thickness; b) Crosstie flexural rigidity; c) Crosstie spacing; d) Crosstie packing conditions. Another objective was to check the validity of elastic theory for calculating the stress distribution in the track substructure.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1968-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Inspection; Instrumentation; Rail (Railroads); Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Spacing; Stresses; Subgrade (Pavements); Tests; Wheel loads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Contact stress
- Old TRIS Terms: Cross tie spacing; Question d71; Rail stress; Track component investigations; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052873
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 71/RP 8/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM