CONSUMER BEHAVIOR TOWARDS FUEL EFFICIENT VEHICLES. VOLUME III: FORECASTS OF THE COMPOSITION OF HOUSEHOLD MOTOR VEHICLE HOLDINGS
This volume presents forecasts of household vehicle type purchases and holdings over the 1978 - 1985 period covered by Title V fuel economy Standards. The forecasts are based on an econometric model explaining the make, model and vintage composition of individual household vehicle holdings. The empirical analysis is based on a national random sample of households contacted in February, 1976. Two models are estimated, one explaining the compositions of holdings in one-vehicle households, and the other explaining vehicle choices in multiple-vehicle households.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-191083.
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
Washington, DC USA 20590
- SHERMAN, L
- Manski, C F
- Ginn, J R
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 243 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Automobile ownership; Automobiles; Consumers; Econometric models; Economic efficiency; Forecasting; Fuel consumption; Households; Market research; Motor vehicles; Public opinion; Purchasing; Sales; Standards; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00314397
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805-341 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01780
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 1981 12:00AM