STRESSES IN THE RAILS, THE BALLAST AND IN THE FORMATION RESULTING FROM TRAFFIC LOADS. STRESSES IN THE FORMATION (RESULTS OF THE FIRST PHASE: DEVELOPMENT OF TECHNIQUES, STATIC TESTS)
The background and aims of the investigation are explained and the objects of this first phase are listed. A discussion of the results obtained is preceded by a brief description of the test site, the installed measuring equipment and the experimental procedure. A concluding survey relates the original objects to the actual achievements and gives proposals for the second and third phases of the experimental programme.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Inspection; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Soil stabilization; Stability (Mechanics); Stresses; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Subgrade stability; Track stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d71; Rail stress; Track component investigations
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 71/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM