ACCELERATED IMPLEMENTATION PROCEDURES
The bulletin describes the adverse effects of procedural delays and difficulties on the implementation of new transportation technologies, and suggests some practical solutions to this problem. Two Federal activities of special concern are the Urban Mass Transportation Administration's demonstration, capital and operating assistance, and the Federal Highway Administration's Federal-Aid Urban-System Program. Questions examined include program flexibility, local credibility, matching policies, and the overall complexity of the process.
- Prepared for Urban Consortium for Technology Initiatives. Transportation Task Force.
Public Technology, Incorporated1140 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Federal aid; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Finance; Financing; Grant aid; Planning; Project management; Technology; Transportation; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00314379
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-78-7
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60076
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 1981 12:00AM