SUGGESTIONS OF RADIATION PROTECTION INSTRUMENTS IN SHIPS USED FOR TRANSPORTING SPENT FUEL ELEMENTS FROM NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS TO CENTRAL STORES AND FURTHER TO FUEL REPROCESSING PLANTS
Some radiation protection measures are necessary in ships which will be used for transporting spent fuel elements from nuclear power plants to central stores and further to fuel reprocessing plants in order to protect the crew from unnecessarily high radiation doses and to ensure that not allowable values occur. Such measures are discussed in this report as well as suitable radiation protection instruments for such ships.
- U.S. Sales Only.
Studsvik Energiteknik ABNykoeping, Sweden
- Warenmo, G
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel elements; Handling and storage; Hazardous materials; Health hazards; Instrumentation; Nuclear fuels; Occupational safety; Radiation hazards; Radiation monitoring; Radiation shielding; Radioactive materials; Radioactive materials; Radioactive wastes; Recommendations; Ships; Spent reactor fuels; Traffic; Transportation; Wastes; Water transportation; Working conditions
- Old TRIS Terms: Away-from-reactor storage; Controlled areas; Crew safety; Dosemeters; Hazardous materials transportation; Radiation instrumentation; Radiation protection; Waste transportation
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00314344
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1980 12:00AM