TEST INSTALLATION FOR DATA TRANSMISSION (VIENNA ARSENAL). TESTS MADE IN THE INSTALLATION FOR TESTING DATA TRANSMISSION EQUIPMENT FROM 1ST SEPTEMBER 1968 TO AUGUST 1969
This is the second annual report of the Installation for testing data transmission equipment in Vienna which was set up jointly by the Office for Research and Experiments (ORE) of the International Union of Railways (UIC) and the Austrian Federal Institute for Research and Experiments. In the course of the financial year, five modems have been tested of which four with frequency modulation rating 600/1200 bauds and one with quaternary phase modulation rating 1200/2400/3600 bauds, but this report only contains the results obtained from four systems. The measuring programme for 2400 bauds has been modified so as to allow for possible correction devices present on the modems. The measuring installation has finally been fitted with a new error analyser, through an outer signal timing element (that of the tested modem, for example), enables measurements to be conducted to 4800 bauds.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-7
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Data communications; Equipment tests; Instrumentation; Measuring instruments; Modems; Test facilities; Tests
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Data modems; Question az32; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052861
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ 32/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM