ANALYSIS OF PROPANE GAIN USED AS A SCREEN ON THE PORTLAND ELEMENT III SAMPLE
Propane gain values have been collected from 292 Portland Element III (1975-77 model year) vehicles along with as-received FTP and idle test emission measurements. This data is used here to compare the expected failure rate, errors of commission, and the amount of FTP excess emissions identified if one of two sets of idle values or one of four propane gain values had been used as a cutpoint to screen the vehicles in the sample with high emissions.
Environmental Protection AgencyInspection and Maintenance Staff, 2565 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Brzezinski, D
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Exhaust gases; Inspection; Measurement; Metropolitan areas; Motor vehicles; Propane; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: Oregon
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00314250
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-AA-IMS/PS-80-3 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1981 12:00AM