TRANSPORTATION OF LOW-LEVEL RADIOACTIVE WASTE INTO SOUTH CAROLINA
Shipments of low-level radioactive waste into the Chem-Nuclear Systems, Inc. site near Barnwell, S.C., were surveyed to determine the origin of such wastes, types and condition of packages or containers, and compliance with existing regulations. Type A shipping casks were given special attention during the survey. Area monitors (TLD) were used around transportation terminals.
- Sponsored in part by Department of Transportation, Washington, DC.
South Carolina State Department of Health and Environmental ControlBureau of Radiological Health
Columbia, SC USA
Nuclear Regulatory CommissionOffice of International and State Programs
Washington, DC USA 20555
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Inspection; Monitoring; Radiation doses; Radiation monitoring; Radioactivity; Regulations; Wastes
- Geographic Terms: South Carolina
- Old TRIS Terms: Dosimetry; Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Environment; Law; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00314185
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: NRC-06-78-357
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 1980 12:00AM