DETECTION OF DAMAGE IN STRUCTURES FROM CHANGES IN THEIR DYNAMIC (MODAL) PROPERTIES - A SURVEY
The stated object of this study was to survey the technical literature and interview selected experts in the fields of dynamic testing and analysis to determine the state-of-the-art of the relationship between physical damage to a structure and changes in its dynamic (modal) properties.
- Prepared in cooperation with Structural Measurement Systems, Inc., Santa Clara, CA.
University of California, LivermoreLawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Livermore, CA USA 94550
Nuclear Regulatory CommissionDivision of Reactor Safety Research, 1717 H Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20555
- Richardson, M
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 282 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic structural analysis; Dynamic tests; Finite element method; Loss and damage; Nuclear power plants; Offshore structures; Random vibration; Resonance frequency; State of the art studies; Suspension bridges; Transfer functions; Vibration; Vibration tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Vibrational spectra
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00314184
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCRL-15103 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1981 12:00AM