ST. GEORGES BRIDGE. BRIDGE INSPECTION REPORT NUMBER 11A
This report presents the findings and recommendations for the 1979 inspection of the St. Georges Bridge (route designation, U.S. Route 13) which crosses the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal. Technical information is given on the condition of the main and approach piers, access stairways, abutments, superstructure steelwork, paint, bridge deck, railings, drainage and general site. The St. Georges Bridge is in good structural condition. Major items of maintenance and repair relate to cleaning and painting of metalwork under joints in the arch span and the adjacent girder spans, making the neoprene expansion joints watertight, cleaning and freeing the restrained stringer and girder span expansion bearings, and making adjustments and repairs to roller nests of the arch span if monitoring ascertains that they are not functioning.
Howard, Needles, Tammen and Bergendoff1345 Avenue of Americas
New York, NY United States 10019
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge abutments; Bridge decks; Bridge piers; Bridge superstructures; Canals; Deterioration; Expansion joints; Girder bridges; Highway bridges; Inspection; Maintenance; Painting; Vision
- Geographic Terms: Delaware
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00314155
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DACW61-79-D-0019
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1980 12:00AM