VIENNA ARSENAL VEHICLE TESTING STATION. ANNUAL REPORT 1968
A description of the vehicle climatic testing station at Vienna Arsenal, with details of the capacity and performance of the testing chambers and a summary of the activities of the testing station during the year 1968 are given. For passenger coaches and refrigerator vans, where a standard test programme, or variations on this, is used, the standard test programmes are described in detail. Details of the vehicles tested are shown and, for various important factors, comparable test figures given by each vehicle are shown anonymously on graphs. The results given during 1968 show that the thermal qualities of vehicles have improved over the eight years of operations of the station. A summary is given of tests carried out on tractive units, freight wagons and other items. No comparative results are shown for these items as the various tests were not comparable.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Equipment tests; Freight cars; Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Locomotives; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Refrigerator cars; Test facilities; Tests
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Question az30; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052854
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ30/RP 8/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM