PROTOTYPE PLANNING STUDY, PORTLAND (OREGON). TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM MANAGEMENT (TSM)
Transportation System Management (TSM) is a concept that calls for the planning, programming, and implementation of low-capital, short-range improvements designed to increase the efficiency of existing transportation systems. TSM may also serve the goals of energy conservation, environmental protection, and urban revitalization. This report is one of five special studies of the TSM Planning Prototype Studies Program. The program was designed to demonstrate the capabilities of local agencies to undertake TSM planning in a systematic problem oriented manner. This report documents the project in Portland and is designed to provide a summary of the procedures utilized in Portland to systematically develop a regionwide program for TSM delineated on a small area basis. The TSM process includes a statement of goals and objectives, evaluation of existing conditions, a set of proposed action and justification for inclusion of those actions in the area's Transportation Improvement Program.
- Record URL:
- Title on documetation page: Transportation System Management Prototype Planning Study: Portland.
Metropolitan Service District527 Hall, SW
Portland, OR United States 97201
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- SPANOVICH, G
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy conservation; Environmental protection; Evaluation; Implementation; Improvements; Management; Planning; Regional planning; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Urban areas; Urban renewal; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Systems management
- Geographic Terms: Oregon
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00314086
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0068-79-1
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 2002 12:00AM