A SECTION 147 RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION DEMONSTRATION MANUAL. NUMBER 5. MARKETING RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
The report describes how to market transit services in rural and small urban areas. It covers how to set goals and objectives for a marketing program, developing and costing such a program, market research techniques, advertising and promotion approaches, and community relations. The report emphasizes the need to select the correct communications medium in developing a promotion strategy. Techniques described include system maps, discount fares and passes, development of printed schedules, how to ride brochures, and use of radio announcements.
- See also Number 4, PB80-181423. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E13, PB80-181381.
Florida Department of TransportationDivision of Public Transportation
Tallahassee, FL United States 32301
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Panebianco, T S
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Communities; Demonstration projects; Fares; Level of service; Manuals; Market research; Marketing; Mass communication; Mass media; Needs assessment; Promotion; Public relations; Public transit; Publicity; Rural areas; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Promoting; Strategy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00314083
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-79-8
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 2002 12:00AM