A SECTION 147 RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION DEMONSTRATION MANUAL. NUMBER 4. RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES
The report examines the various types of vehicles used in the Section 147 Rural Public Transportations, and provides guidelines on vehicle considerations. The report covers specifications, vehicle maintenance, communications equipment, and driver training, and includes example material and suggested methods for each topic. The report finds that a mix of vehicle sizes is normally the best method for purchasing vehicles initially, and sufficient attention has to be provided for back-up vehicles.
- See also Number 3, PB80-181415, and Number 4, PB80-181431. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E13, PB80-181381.
Lansing, MI United States 48909
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hayes, J
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication devices; Communication systems; Demonstration projects; Driver training; Drivers; Emergency vehicles; Guidelines; Maintenance; Manuals; Performance based specifications; Public transit; Rural areas; Specialized training; Specifications; Transportation planning; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Public service vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00314082
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-79-7
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 2002 12:00AM