A SECTION 147 RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION DEMONSTRATION MANUAL. NUMBER 3. RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION COORDINATION EFFORTS
The technical manual discusses coordination and the role it plays in developing successful rural public transportation programs. The report stresses that coordination must begin early, involve as many participants as possible, and be carried forward through the planning, operation, and implementation of a project. Four sections elaborate on coordination with respect to community support, regulatory considerations, the role of public and private operators, and the role of human service agencies.
- See also Number 2, PB80-181407, and Number 4, PB80-181423. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E13, PB80-181381.
Applied Resource Integration Limited739 Boylston Street
Boston, MA United States 02116
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ketola, H N
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Communities; Coordination; Demonstration projects; Manuals; Programming (Planning); Public relations; Public transit; Regulations; Rural areas; Service agencies; Social service; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Community support
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00314081
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-79-6
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 2002 12:00AM