NATIONAL ACCIDENT SAMPLING SYSTEM SAMPLE DESIGN, PHASES 2 AND 3. VOLUME I: FINAL TECHNICAL REPORT
The document reports on a redesign of the sample for the National Accident Sampling System (NASS). The NASS is under development by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to provide a representative source of traffic accident data for use by regulatory agencies and accident researchers.
- See also Executive summary, PB80-181308.
Westat, IncorporatedResearch Division, 11600 Nebel Street
Rockville, MD United States 20852
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Edmond, H J
- Hanson, R H
- Morganstein, D R
- Waksberg, J
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 145 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Cluster analysis; Crash investigation; Data collection; Design; Estimates; Injuries; Loss and damage; Prevention; Safety; Sampling; States; Statistical analysis; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: National Accident Sampling System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Clustering; Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00314076
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805-274
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01706
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 2002 12:00AM