TRANSPORTATION PROJECTIONS, 1985, 1995, 2000
The report presents projections of transportation activities to 1985, 1995 and 2000 for three economic scenarios. These projections were made using The Department of Transportation (DOT) Long-Range Forecast Model developed for DOT. The transportation activity projections cover the 31 for-hire and private modes of the model. The scenarios are described in terms of economic growth, transportation policies and energy policies. The transportation submodel produces projections of domestic intercity freight flows for 48 commodity groups for all modes expressed in tons, ton-miles, and revenues. The modal split in these projections changes with time and with changes in relative modal costs. An energy efficiency submodel calculates fuel use by each mode in response to changes in fuel prices. Changes in fuel prices are translated into changes in relative modal costs, which affect the modal split for freight. Other changes in relative modal costs may be specified as inputs to the model.
- Available Microfiche only because of poor quality.
Faucett (Jack) Associates5454 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1150
Chevy Chase, MD USA 20015
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Woehlcke, C
- Faucett, J G
- Publication Date: 1980-1
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodity flow; Deregulation; Econometric models; Econometrics; Economic conditions; Energy; Energy resources; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Long range planning; Mathematical models; Modal split; Policy; Prices; Traffic forecasting; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis; Long term; Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00314070
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: JACKFAU-78-152-2 Final Rpt., DOT-OST-P10-80-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60121
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM