WORKING PAPER ON THE TRANSPORTATION OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS PROJECT OF THE DOT TECHNOLOGY SHARING PROGRAM
The paper summarizes the initial work of the Technology Sharing Program in the hazardous materials area. By no means a conclusive study on the topic, this paper is an information document that will be used as a basis for further study. The paper gives a brief introduction to hazardous materials transportation, and why there is currently great interest in this topic by state and local elected and appointed officials. It describes the major areas of hazardous materials transportation, and the major actors in the field (both government and non-government). The major issues concerning hazardous materials transportation as seen by state and local officials are presented, as well as a brief analysis of these issues.
Department of TransportationOffice of Technology Sharing, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Siviy, M M
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Chlorine; Crashes; Disasters and emergency operations; Fertilizers; Freight transportation; Gasoline; Hazardous materials; Local government; Policy; Prevention; Safety; State government; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00314068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-80-13 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM