DUAL MODE PLANNING CASE STUDY, ORANGE COUNTY. VOLUME 2: METHODOLOGY
The objectives of this case study are: To provide a feedback to the design effort covering potential problems, critical parameters, and the cost effectiveness of alternative configurations and operating strategies; To produce a documented planning methodology in a "how-to" vein which would be transferable to others for the purpose of planning for such transit systems; and To exercise the UMTA Transportation Planning System (UTPS) of planning software, to identify and overcome any weaknesses in the software, and to document this for others.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-180516. Prepared in cooperation with Dave Systems, Inc., San Francisco, CA., DTM, Inc., Bethesda, MD., and VTM, Inc.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Costinett, P
- Hansen, W G
- O'Doherty, J
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 381 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Cost effectiveness; Demand; Design; Dual mode transportation systems; Software; Supply; Systems analysis; Systems engineering; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: California; Wisconsin
- Old TRIS Terms: Strategy; Supply economics
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00314066
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-VA-06-0030-80-2
- Contract Numbers: UMTA-UT-40029
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 2002 12:00AM